In the last five years (since 2015), the Research Laboratories of the Department have participated in 63 Research programs.
The maintenance, upgrading and expansion of the existing research infrastructure is supported through National and European funds through competitive R&D projects and Public Investment programs
- The faculty members have attracted funding from educational projects under the frame of Erasmus Program, the amount of which is 599.843,35 €.
- In the last 5 years, the members of the Laboratory of Artificial Intelligence and Systems Engineering (AISE), have participated and/or managed 11 Research and Development Programs with a total budget of about 1250K euros.
- The members of the Laboratory of Multimedia, Networks and Communications have participated in 5 Development and 7 European Projects with a total funding of 487K euros and 2.35M euros, respectively.
- In the last 10 years, the members of the Laboratory of Intelligent Systems and Computer Architecture have participated in Development and European Projects with a total funding that reaches 1.562.605 euro.
- In the last 5 years, the members of the Center for Materials Technology & Photonics have participated and/or managed 26 Research Programs, funded by the European Union, Industry and National Resources, with a total budget of 6.5 Μ€ (6 Research Projects from European Union 2.76M€, 3 Research Projects 0.29M€ and 17 Research Projects from National Resources).
- In the last 5 years, the members of the Laboratory of Energy and Photovoltaic Systems (LEPS) have participated and/or managed 10 Research and Development Programs with a total budget of approximately 1.362.000 euros. The total budget of the above projects exceeds 5.000.000 euros.